The Prep Program at Virginia
State School is a full time program. Children attend Monday – Friday from 8:45am to 3:00pm.
Children must turn five
by 30 June in the year they commence Prep.
To determine when your child can commence their prep year, use the prep ready reckoner calculator.
To enrol at Virginia State School all students must have:
- A birth certificate or registration of birth or passport.
- Evidence of any medical conditions of which the school needs to be aware.
- Any official documentation relating to custody or family issues of which the school needs to be aware.
- Details of any specialist care given, e.g. speech therapy.
- Proof of residency/citizenship status and visa (if from overseas).
Out of Catchment Enrolments
Virginia State School is an enrolment managed school. In accordance with the enrolment management policy, priority enrolment is given to families who reside within our community catchment.
Enrolment of students from outside the local catchment area is restricted to ensure that enrolments do not exceed the student enrolment capacity, this allows for managed and considered use of school facilities and resources.
Out-of-catchment students applying for enrolment at the school are placed on a waiting list and processed in order of receipt. Offers for out of catchment placements will not be offered until Term 4 in 2023, once it is determined whether the school has the capacity to accept any out of catchment enrolments.